StrongBox Self Storage in Chicago


Do you have wine storage?
Yes, we were the first self storage facility to offer temperature controlled wine storage in 1986.

What unit sizes do you have?
Our sizes range from 4’x4’x3’ to 16’x36’ and about 8’-9’ high (all dimensions are approximate), and we also many sizes in between.

Does Strongbox provide me with a lock?
You can purchase a new, sealed lock at any Strongbox facility. If you prefer to provide your own lock, you’re welcome to do so.

Do you require a duplicate key to my storage unit?
For your security, no one else has a key to your lock – just you. If you lose your key, you can authorize us to cut off your lock.

Are your storage units climate controlled?
Yes. We offer climate-controlled units, which are designed to maintain a set temperature range, at both facilities.

I want to reserve a unit, how far in advance can I reserve it?
You can reserve your unit up to 30 days before you move in.

Do I have to sign a lease or can I rent a unit on a month-to-month basis?
Our rental contracts are month-to-month agreements – no long-term lease is required.

What notice do you require before I move out?
Just remove your lock and let us know when you have vacated your unit so you do not incur unnecessary charges. We will have you sign move-out paperwork at this time and figure out your refund due.

What are the days and hours that I may access my storage unit?
Strongbox facilities are open 7 days a week, but access hours vary by day.
Sunday 11am- 4pm, Monday and Thursday 8am – 6pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday 9am – 6pm.

Can my spouse, children, friends or coworkers access my storage unit?
When you rent from Strongbox you can authorize access for other people you specify (or restrict access only to yourself).

If I lose my key, what can I do to gain access to my storage unit?
Call your Strongbox Manager for assistance during regular business hours.

Do you require insurance on the contents of my storage unit?
You are responsible for the things you are storing at Strongbox. Insurance for your stored belongings is not required. We do offer insurance for your protection. Or you may be covered under an insurance policy you already have. Check with your insurance agent to be sure.

What documents do I need to provide so that I may rent a storage unit?
You will need to provide a valid, government-issued form of identification (e.g., driver’s license, state ID or passport).

Do you have hand trucks or carts that I can use at your facilities?
Yes. You’re welcome to use our complimentary carts while you’re at Strongbox.

Can I rent a storage unit over the phone or do I need to visit the facility in person?
You’re welcome to walk into any Strongbox facility to rent in person. Or you can call us to ask questions or reserve by telephone.
Irving Park: 773-248-6800. Orleans: 312-787-2800.

How do I pay my bill?
You can pay by mail, in person or via auto debit. By mail: please include your unit # with your check, in person: cash, check or credit card is acceptable.

Will you move my belongings?
We are in the business of self-storage, however we will provide you with a free 14 foot truck for your move in. In addition, our store managers will be happy to recommend several very reliable moving companies.

Do you offer a referral fee?
Yes, and it is amazing. If the person you refer rents a storage unit from us, we will give you a credit for their second month’s paid rent. That could amount to hundreds of dollars.

Print This Page Print This Page